Off Season Travel Tips to Europe
Europe is one of the most desired travel destinations in the world. There are many attractions offered by the cities all over Europe which attract lots of tourist all over the world. Europe is preferred by travelers who want to enjoy peaceful, romantic vibe. However, there is more of Europe you can explore so you’d better be prepared with your next travel plan if you are intent to choose this place. However, it is highly recommended to visit Europe during off season because as mentioned before that it’s one of the most visited travel destinations. When holiday season comes, many tourist attractions are flooded by tourist from all over the world. Thus, you need to choose your destination in Europe carefully. So you won’t get stuck between the crowds.
Tips to travel to Europe during off Seasons
Recommended time to visit Europe is in September-May. This is when you can visit the places with fewer crowd, more options for cultural tour, relaxed atmosphere, and of course cheaper rates for accommodation and transportation. Here are some tips to enjoy off season travel to Europe:
- Peak season in Europe is summer, Mid June-August. Thus, you might as well choose to visit during shoulder season or off season. Shoulder season is in April to Mid-June, or September through October. Meanwhile, off season is in November through March.
- If you want to follow experienced travelers, you can also visit Europe based on seasonal considerations. For example, you choose fall season where you can walk to the Black Forest then return to where you stay. You will enjoy more your hot bath after walking around some places then have a dinner with delicious sausages and fine wine. Thus, you can choose to visit Europe based on the season you are comfortable with. However, remember that summer is Peak season so you’d better find alternative.
- While travelling to Europe during off season, you have more options to visit tourist attractions. For example, you can go hunting truffles during fall to Italy. You can go to the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy where the truffle hunt held at Al Vecchio Convento. There are many fun things to do during your truffle hunt such as attending cooking class, having dinner buffet, and many more. Or, you can also buy truffles in France where the truffle market is.
- There is also wine festival you can visit when you travel to Europe during off season. This is one of the biggest tourist attractions. During the festivals, people dress in medieval costumes and celebrate it to the fullest. You can visit wine festival in Tuscany and bring your friends to enjoy the vibe.
- If you travel to Europe during fall, it is the same time as turtle mating season. It happens in the Greek Island of Kos. You can enjoy the season and see directly how the turtles are during mating season. The sound coming from male turtles as mating call is really unique. Some people even try to imitate the sound just because.