Europe is one of the most desired travel destinations in the world. There are many places to go when travelling to Europe. Most people may think of Paris right away. However, there is also Toulouse, the fourth largest city in France which also offers lots of interesting points for travelers.
What to do when you are at Toulouse
Toulouse offers complete attractions when it comes to tourism. Started from entertainment to historical architecture, everything is available to quench your thirst of perfect travel in Europe. Here is what you can do when you are travelling to Toulouse:
- If you bring your lover to Toulouse, you shouldn’t miss visiting some parks and gardens since there are so many of them. Most visited park amongst others is Parc du Ramier. If you and your lover like something else like botanical garden, then you should visit Animaparc. The view is amazing and the experience will be worth it. Besides, each park and garden is in walk distance so you can have a nice date.
- Toulouse is not only for lovers but also for shoppers. Well, if you like shopping around in your travel destination then you should visit flea market in the Basilica of St. Sernin when you travel to Toulouse. There are various goods you can buy as souvenirs. Make sure to impress the seller so you maybe can get some discount. You can also find some antiques if that’s what you like.
- If you bring your family for travelling to Toulouse, you might as well consider visiting The Cite de I’Escape. It is kind of museum, mixed with sense of entertainment. It is also called as Space Town by the locals. The place is full of Outer Space stuffs. It is not only entertaining but also educative.
- There is also possibility that you only want to relax and chill while you are in Toulouse. Then, you might as well go sightseeing. One of the most recommended spots for sightseeing is Bazacle Complex. The architectural complex has been gaining lots of attention from tourists. Besides, it is located near the Garonne River so the vibe is even more mesmerizing. The view is so picturesque.
- Another interesting thing about Toulouse is that you will find the largest church in the world located in Basilica of St. Sernin. It is not only a church building. Aside from architectural value, there are indeed valuable things in the building such as paintings, jewelry items, and leaf mural found from the 11th century.
- Just like other cities in Europe. There are plenty of museums in Toulouse you can visit. One of the most recommended museums is Augustinian Museum. There are many interesting things to see while visiting this museum. The exhibition displays collections of painting and sculptures in various style. Those are made by various artists. Even if you are not art lovers, there is high possibility that you will fall in love with the museum. The collections are great and the place is nice to visit with your friends or families.